One fantastic thing about summer is being able to enjoy time outside. Whether you are grilling with your family, hosting a BBQ for friends, or just lounging by the pool on a hot day, there are many ways that you can make your backyard more appealing.
This article will discuss the top clever ideas to help improve your backyard, so it's enjoyable all year long!
- Install Outdoor Fireplace or Fire Pit
- Lighting a bonfire in your backyard is a great way to relax and spend time with friends. It can also help you create an outdoor living space that will make your yard more appealing. Depending on the space you have available for activities, you can place it in the garden's center or on its edge. You can even add a fireplace or chiminea directly to the back of your home.
- You may install outdoor fireplaces and build walkways that crisscross over stones for those who want more sophistication.
- Plant Trees in the Middle to Provide Shade
- When done correctly, trees can be very effective at providing shade in your backyard. To provide the most sun cover, look for taller trees with a broad canopy or root structure to make sure they can offer more coverage from above.
- Often, the trees can act as dividers between areas that are meant for different purposes. If you want to be more creative with your plantings, try planting trees in the middle of an area rather than on its borders or corners. This will give it a unique look and feel as well as offer shade along all sides.
- However, you must ensure that the trees are trimmed so that they don't block access to the other areas. As mentioned at averagejoes, if you're looking for a clean job that's easy on the budget, then you might want to consider involving the help of a professional. Professional trimmers are often capable of providing the right amount of coverage in a short period while making sure that your trees still look in top shape.
- Add a Hammock
- Now that you've trees, you may want to put up a hammock. Not only is it practical, but studies have shown that sleeping in a hammock is great for your back and overall health!
- It can easily be attached to two trees, and you can also leave it up at all times, so when you feel like relaxing in the sun or taking an afternoon nap, just go out there.
- Add Some String Lights
- A night in the backyard can be a great way to enjoy some time off with your friends and family. Adding string lights, which are very inexpensive items available at most department stores, can help you turn an average night into something special. These lights look amazing when hung over the patio area of your backyard or even inside if it's large enough. If put around bushes, they will emit light that makes them stand out beautifully against the darkness of the nighttime sky.
- If you want to take your game a level higher, consider getting solar-powered ones instead, so there is no need for wiring in outdoor lighting fixtures whatsoever!
- Add Outdoor Seating
- Your outdoor space will somehow feel incomplete if it doesn't come with comfortable seating arrangements. If you like to entertain guests or want a place for yourself and your partner to enjoy the outdoors, adding outdoor furniture is an essential investment.
- Not only will they make your backyard look more polished and chic, but these pieces can also serve as extra storage spaces if placed accordingly (underneath chairs and seat cushions).
- Create a Small Vegetable Garden
- Do you love gardening? Do you love vegetables? Why not consider doing the two and make it more appealing!
- You can always purchase your vegetable garden planter. This is a great way to save on costs since they are often cheaper than buying pots or tilling services. You only have to create an area for planting seeds, put them in some soil mixture (if needed), water them daily, pull out weeds as necessary, and voila - harvest time occurs before you know it!
- If that doesn't sound like enough gardening fun, consider having friends with their kids to help plant veggies together for even more bonding opportunities while enjoying fresh food items straight from the source year-round. Plus, if there happen to be any extra leftover veggies, you can always give them away to friends, coworkers, or neighbors!
Upgrading your backyard is a great way to expand your living space. You can use the tips shared as an opportunity to redesign the layout of your garden, build new structures, and even add more green areas!