It's been a long time since you've finished your home renovation project. The living room is now a beautiful, modern space with new hardwood floors and brand new furniture. But as the days go by, you start to notice that it's not looking as clean and tidy as it did when it was first completed. Dust starts to accumulate on the shelves, cobwebs form in the corners, and there are even some scratches on the floor from where your dog has been running around. Don't worry - we're here to help! In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to keep your renovated home clean and tidy for a long time.
- Protect Your Home From Sun
- The sun can be a powerful force, and it can cause a lot of damage to your home if you're not careful. One of the most common problems is that the sun can fade your floors and furniture. It can also cause the wood to crack and the paint to peel. In order to protect your home from the sun, you should try to keep the windows covered as much as possible. You can use curtains, blinds, or shades to protect your windows. Another option is to install solar screens, which will help keep the sun out of your home while still allowing you to see outside. Or, as an even better option, cantilever parasols will provide shade for your home without blocking your view. By protecting your home from the sun, you'll be able to keep it looking new for a much longer time.
- However, don't get us wrong. This doesn't mean that you should never open your curtains or blinds! Just be sure to do so in moderation, and make sure that you're always using a UV filter to protect your home from the sun's harmful rays.
- Keep The Floors Clean
- It's important to keep the floors clean in your home, especially if you have new hardwood floors. Dust and dirt can damage the floors, and it can be difficult to clean them if they're not cleaned on a regular basis. One way to keep your floors clean is to vacuum them every day. If you have a pet, you should also sweep or mop the floors on a weekly basis to remove any pet hair or dander. In addition, you should place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to protect the floors from dirt and scratches. And don't forget to protect your new floors by using products that are designed for hardwood floors!
- Don't Let the Clutter Accumulate
- One of the easiest ways to keep your home clean and tidy is to prevent clutter from accumulating in the first place. This can be difficult, especially if you have a lot of stuff, but it's important to try to keep only the things that you need and use on a regular basis. Get rid of anything that you don't need or use, and make sure to put things away as soon as you're finished using them. You should also have a place for everything, so that it's easy to find what you need when you need it. For example, you can use baskets or bins to store things like toys, blankets, and towels. By preventing clutter from accumulating, you'll be able to keep your home clean and tidy much more easily.
- Clean The Counters And Appliances
- The counters and appliances in your kitchen are another area that needs to be kept clean. The counters can easily become cluttered with dishes and cookware, and the appliances can get dirty from all of the food particles that accumulate on them. To clean the counters, you can use a dishwasher detergent tablet or a homemade cleaner made from vinegar and baking soda. To clean the appliances, you can use a degreaser or an all-purpose cleaner. In addition, you should wipe down the counters and appliances on a daily basis to prevent dirt and grime from building up.
- Keep The Yard Neat
- The yard is another area of your home that needs to be kept neat and tidy. If you have a lot of landscaping, you should make sure that the grass is trimmed and the bushes are trimmed. You should also rake up any leaves or debris that has accumulated. In addition, you should keep the gutters clean and free of debris. You can do this by using a garden hose to flush out the gutters. In addition, you should also put some time into making your yard look nice. This can include planting flowers, adding a patio or deck, or installing a fence. By keeping the yard neat and tidy, you'll be able to create a space in which you can enjoy spending time.
- Wash The Windows
- Another important aspect of keeping your home clean and tidy is to wash the windows. This will help remove any dirt, dust, or fingerprints that have accumulated on them. In addition, it will also help you to see outside more clearly. To wash the windows, you can use a window cleaner and a squeegee. You should also make sure to clean the window tracks and frames. In addition, you should wash the windows on a regular basis to prevent them from getting dirty.
- Make a Cleaning Schedule
- In order to keep your home clean and tidy, it's important to make a cleaning schedule. This will help you to know when to do each task and how often to do it. For example, you can create a schedule that includes tasks like vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing the windows, and cleaning the counters and appliances. You should also include a day for doing a deep clean, such as cleaning the floors, scrubbing the tub, and cleaning out the fridge. By making a cleaning schedule, you'll be able to keep your home clean and tidy much more easily.
So, there you have it! These are just a few tips for keeping your home clean and tidy. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to keep your home looking great for a long time.