Moving into a new home is both exciting and daunting. There are so many things to consider and plan that you can easily get lost in an ocean of themes, design elements, and furnishings. The best way to make things less overwhelming for yourself is by getting the essentials first.
Here are seven fundamental pieces of furniture that every new home needs:
- Comfortable Bed
- A comfy bed is a prerequisite for good night sleep and productive days. While you can go for floor bedding, it does not work well without linoleum or vinyl flooring. You don’t necessarily have to get a perfect bed frame or a fancy headboard but you must get a bed.
- Dining Table
- A dining table is a must-have if you want to enjoy your meals in a sophisticated manner. Though any old table with comfortable seating can do the job, a sturdy table with matching chairs is a better option. If your budget does not permit that, try pairing vidaxl dining chairs with an old table.
- Quality Sofa
- Regardless of what style of furniture your living room features, a sofa should be your anchor piece. It is the epicenter of domestic life, especially since the dining table has become a relic of the past.
- It is the default resting place where you snuggle and watch TV at the end of a hard day. If you don’t have the budget to buy a fancy couch, you can simply buy a cozy, second-hand sofa at a garage sale.
- Whitewash Coffee Table
- It’s imperative to have a serviceable coffee table where you can rest your feet and put down drinks and food during a Netflix binge-watching session. It’s a great idea to use a whitewash coffee table as it can complement almost all types of decor.
- Shelves and Storage
- Storage and shelving are one of the most crucial elements of organized living space. A bookcase, armoire, shelving unit, chest of drawers, and cabinets can hold different kinds of essentials and display some of your favorite things like books, photos, and knick-knacks.
- Good Lighting
- Good lighting can add dimension to your space. It’s a balance of light and shade that imparts life into the interior design. Lights draw attention to the most impressive areas of the room. LEDs are the most sought-after support and backup lights. You can easily fit them in the walls, ceilings, and false ceilings. It’s also a good idea to have a few table lamps and a floor lamp in the bedroom and living room.
- Area Rug
- An area rug not only anchors the room but gives comfort and warmth to anyone who walks, sits, or lies on it. While you can place it on top of the carpet, it acts as a great alternative to wall-to-wall carpeting.
- A rug protects the carpet from spills, traffic, and abrasive soils and helps soften hard surfaces like tile flooring and wood. You can pick one that matches the color scheme of the room to give a finished look to the room’s decor.