When constructing a building, one of its most important and complex parts will be the plumbing system. That is why even construction contractors consult plumbers to create the plumbing plan. These professionals consider many factors to ensure that the plumbing system is functional and safe.
If you are unaware of just how important a fully operating plumbing system is, read below. It might explain why you should never hesitate to invest in your plumbing system.
The Different Parts of a Plumbing System
You must first learn about plumbing systems and their different parts. The three major components of a plumbing system and what they are all about are:
- Drainage System for Sanitation
- Consider this as one of the significant parts of your plumbing system. Its primary function is to eliminate all the wastewater from your building and ensure that it does not backflow or spill out where it should not. A professional plumbing expert will consider things like backflow and possible leaks and contaminants when they design this part of the plumbing system.
- Wastewater commonly comes from the kitchen, laundry areas, and toilets. It passes through this drainage system before it goes to the sewers. Regarding plumbing design, professionals often ensure that these pipes are far away from the wiring and areas that wastewater should not contaminate in case of leaks or damage.
- Drainage System for Stormwater
- The primary function of these pipes is to carry rainwater away from houses or commercial buildings. It limits flooding in the areas around your home and directly connects these waters to the sewers. You may notice some of these pipes as experts usually install them in the exterior parts of the building.
- Main Water System
- The most common part of your plumbing system is probably something you already know about. The central part of the system deals with the flow of clean water. It will include the pipes that travel to the kitchens, your bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry areas. It is responsible for providing water in different parts of your building, which is essential, especially in commercial spaces like hotels and malls.
Why Regular Maintenance and Cleaning Is Needed
While having a fully functional plumbing system is essential, you will not have this if you do not give your plumbing system the regular maintenance and cleaning it needs. You need to make sure that you call in a plumber or an expert to inspect and do some maintenance and cleaning. You should also have them do repairs when needed to ensure a properly functioning plumbing system.
One tip to help ensure that experts can do this maintenance and clean regularly and conveniently, consider making use of access doors. Just like a duct access door that provides access to your ducts, you can also install an access door to conceal your plumbing systems while doubling as easy access for the plumbing expert.
Problems That Can Come with a Damaged Plumbing System
Now that you know the importance and functions of your plumbing system, it is time to learn more about the problems that can come with a plumbing system that needs repairs, replacements, and even cleaning. While these problems will not occur at the same time, they can happen on any day, especially if you have not even done any plumbing inspections lately:
- Water Damage
- Malfunctioning Water Fixtures
These are some of the worst things that can happen, especially the backflow. It is why you should always maintain the cleanliness and functionality of your plumbing systems, as it plays a significant role in safety, cleanliness, convenience, and comfort.
Take Better Care of Your Plumbing Systems!
You can always trust plumbing experts to know what to do with your plumbing systems. Investing money in an expert who can maintain the plumbing system will save you in the long run. This maintenance will ensure your plumbing systems last long. Knowing how important a fully functioning plumbing system is not enough to ensure that it will last long; you have to do something about it.