Many homeowners want to make changes to their properties at some point, but they are unsure of how to begin. The process of redecorating your home can enhance your life and add value to your house, but if you don't have the right tools, you won’t be able to successfully finish a project.
If you want to do some home remodeling yourself, you need some power tools. Power tools are extremely useful in various settings. They can help you complete a task quickly and efficiently, reducing manual labor.
So, whether you want to revamp your kitchen with new counters or cabinets or add life to your living room with new furniture, you must have the following power tools to start your home DIY remodeling:
- Cordless Drill
- One of the most helpful power tools you should have is a cordless drill. Its powerful motor and its accessories can perform a variety of tasks. You can use the drill to install your DIY floating shelves or when you want to build an entire outdoor deck.
- The benefit of using a cordless drill is that you won't have to deal with a long cord that could distract you when doing your projects. Most of these tools have sufficient battery lives, like one to two hours of continued use. If you're doing projects every day, ensure that you charge the tool after every use.
- Screw Gun
- If you want to have an extensive collection of power tools at your disposal, you might want to have a screw gun too. A screw gun is an electric tool similar to a power drill, except it's designed to drive screws and nails. It automatically feeds the screw or nail from a clip.
- It’s mainly used for fixing drywall and performing other light tasks. It’s best applied for jobs where you need to drive many screws quickly. It also allows you to set the depth you want the screw to reach.
- Chop Saw
- If you're working with lumber, having a chop saw will prove to be helpful. A chop saw is a power tool used for accurately cutting or trimming wood at different angles. For instance, if you want to create custom cabinets or tables, using a chop saw will give you the square shape you need.
- Nail Gun
- Every home remodeling involves wooden works. Nail guns are some of the most convenient tools to put together with wooden materials, whether it's for a new cabinet, a table, or a fireplace mantle. They’re small tools that you use with a single hand. They operate from the force of an air compressor.
- Orbital Sander
- If you want your wood to look smooth and clean, you should have an orbital sander. An orbital sander is ideal for people who want to sand their surfaces and save time. This tool features a rotating pad, a small motor, and a ball-bearing system. It also has a hook and a loop system to keep the pad from getting stuck in one area.
- Angle Grinder
- Whether working with metal, concrete, wood, or tiles, having an angle grinder is a must. Its high RPM can handle various materials, and the tool is extremely portable. It can be used for grinding, cutting, and polishing jobs. It features automatic speed change technology that adjusts its speed and torque during the operation for optimal performance.
- Impact Driver
- Impact drivers are similar to cordless drills. These tools are used to loosen and tighten screws and nuts. They’re specifically utilized to tighten self-threading screws and loosen very tight corroded screws, bolts, and nuts. Moreover, they’re best used to drive long and thick fasteners into hard materials, like stone or concrete.
- Reciprocating Saw
- A reciprocating saw is a versatile tool that can be used for various tasks. You can use it to remodel and landscape your garden, or you can use it for demolition work inside your home. Furthermore, this tool is extremely versatile and is capable of cutting various materials easily, such as PVC, wood, and metal.
Home remodeling can be expensive if you work with a contractor. There are certain projects you can do by yourself, such as updating your bathroom cabinet. That's why investing in the right power tools for home remodeling projects is essential. Without proper equipment, the process will be too difficult and expensive.
When using these power tools, ensure that you know how to handle them safely, as some of the tools have sharp pieces that may hurt you. Always read the safety manual and see to it that you keep the tools in proper places to avoid damaging them.