Deciding on a home renovation project this year can be exciting but overwhelming at the same time. There are just so many things you need to prepare for, and one of those is to make sure to secure all your belongings and household items before contractors and workers start performing their renovation tasks.
If you’re wondering how to avoid loss and damages, it’s best to rent or hire some storage units temporarily. You can keep all your furniture, appliances, paraphernalia, and precious items in these chambers while your home is being improved and spruced up. Nothing compares to having peace of mind, knowing that all your belongings are organized and secure somewhere else, away from the chaos inside your home.
If you’re doubtful whether using a storage facility, is a wise choice to make, consider more of its benefits below.
- Convenient To Use
- It's often required to clear away all your furniture before home contractors perform any task in your living space. This is understandable as it's pretty impossible to change the flooring, or repaint the walls and ceilings when the space is packed with all your household items. There’s no easier way to store your belongings than using portable storage containers.
- You won't have to worry about packing up all your belongings in boxes and hauling them to another location because you’ll receive the containers at your home. You can load them into the containers easily right outside your door instead of driving into the office or location of the storage. You can either request these units to be placed right outside your home or have them in the company's secluded space. Either way, you'll feel safe, knowing that your items are accessible any time.
- Protects Your Belongings
- Renovation zones are notorious for accidents. Significantly, when your home isn’t cleared of your items, you can expect some workers to damage some of your valuable and sentimental pieces. No matter how much you remind them to be extra careful, there’ll always be room for accidents and mishaps. One way to prevent such a scenario is to store all your things in a storage facility.
- Any home renovation that adds value to your home usually entails a lot of dust, debris, spilled chemicals and solvents, and so on. It's impossible to have all your belongings safe and in perfect condition after the renovation. Take them out of the way and prevent anything from happening to them by storing them in storage units instead.
- Reduced Stress
- The other benefit of utilizing a storage facility is that you don’t constantly have to protect, cover, or clean your belongings. You can fully concentrate on the renovations this time because there’ll be no chances of your properties and belongings getting in the way of tasks and things. You won’t have to constantly fear that some items might get damaged or stolen by the countless workforce entering your home daily.
- Secures Your Belongings From Strangers
- As contractors and tradespeople come and go at your front door during renovations, it may be difficult to spot who has stolen anything in your household. Especially if you’re partaking in a full-scale home renovation, there are many workers for each category, like plumbing, lighting, cabinetry, flooring, etc.
- In short, your home is wholly exposed to many strangers all at once. While they come from reputable companies, it's hard to avoid people with bad intentions. Once your valuables are exposed and ready for taking, some of them might get tempted to steal those.
- It may be difficult for you to watch things during work hours. So, by placing all your valuables or essential items safe and tucked away in storage units that are out of reach, you can be assured that no one will steal them.
- Allows Your Things To Be Organized
- Renovations cause a lot of mess. It's a common scenario to have a topsy turvy environment, wherein you simply can't find your hairdryer or your important printed document. Everything will be all over the place. But, you can keep things organized by renting a storage unit.
- A storage container makes it easy for you to keep all your belongings in one place so that you can stay organized during your renovations. To ensure a more organized home, you may even continue renting such extra spaces even after the renovation is complete.
- Gives You A Chance To Declutter
- If you've promised yourself a thousand times that you'll be decluttering your home, but you haven't ever done so, now's the time to finally turn it into reality f. When you opt for a storage facility, you can take the opportunity to declutter your stuff.
- Remove all broken and unnecessary items, and only keep things that you really need. This is the time to segregate all your belongings and donate to charities those items that are still in working condition. You can even sell your unwanted items for some cash.
It’s crucial to keep your things safe, secure, organized, and in perfect condition when having a home renovation. While there are some other options to ensure all your stuff are safe, nothing beats the benefits of using a storage facility. The reasons above will hopefully allow you to concede and invest in renting a storage unit.