Problem: Difficulty in operating a door or window.
Cause: Lack of final adjustment.
- Slide operable sash and patio doors back and forth during installation to ensure they remain operable.
- Check installation by removing and remounting all removable sashes and screens prior to completion.
- Screw door frames through shims to jack studs instead of nailing them, in order to permit later adjustment.
- Avoid painting tracks and other vinyl components in sliding doors and windows.
- Pre-drill window frames to allow for screwing and future adjustments.