Question: I am planning on installing a gravel driveway. Do you have any tips?
Answer: Tips for installing a gravel driveway:
- It is important that the sub-base, the earth that the gravel sits on be compacted.
- Remove any weeds and tree roots that are growing in the sub-base.
- Consider using a landscaping fabric on top of the sub-base before putting the gravel down. This will help to prevent the seeds from weeds from taking hold in the sub-base.
- The thickness of the gravel layer should be 6 to 8 inches deep. Try to get an even layer of gravel.
- Crushed rock or crushed concrete compacts much better than river rock.
- Consider the use of a curb of some sort to maintain the integrity of the edges of the driveway.
- Solar Powered Water Features
- ACQ Pressure Treated Lumber
- Gravel Driveway
- Water Features & West Nile Virus
- The Proper Method For Planting Trees
- Removing A Tree House
- Fasteners For Pressure Treated Lumber
- Flagstone Versus Concrete For A Patio
- Walkway Recommendations