Question: I really like the convenience of my garbage disposal, but lately it has begun to smell bad. What is the best method to clean and deodorize a garbage disposal?
Answer: There are a few different methods you can try in order to clean, deodorize and sanitize your garbage disposal.
- With the garbage disposal off, fill the sink with hot water and add a few drops liquid dish detergent. Run the hot water. Turn the garbage disposal on and allow the hot water with the dish detergent to flush through the garbage disposal. Just before all of the water has left the sink, turn the garbage disposal and the hot water off and allow the hot water with the dish detergent to remain in the garbage disposal for a few minutes. Turn the hot water and the garbage disposal back on and allow the water to flush the garbage disposal clean.
- Place orange and lemon rinds into the garbage disposal and turn on the hot water and the garbage disposal. The orange and lemon rinds will clean and deodorize the garbage disposal.
- You can also put some chlorine bleach into the garbage disposal and flush it with hot water.
- If you have dirt and grime located in the rubber flange that holds the garbage disposal to the sink you can use a tooth brush and a chlorine based cleaning product to clean that area.
- Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
- Cleaning Raw Wood
- Cleaning Air Ducts
- Rust In Bathtub
- Removing Sap From Wood
- Sanding Dust
- Removing Glue From Hardwood
- Duct Cleaning
- Removing Adhesive From Stained Wood
- Corroding Brass
- Stained Bathtub