There are 3 methods of constructing deck foundations.
- Wood post on a solid concrete pier and footing.
- Post embedded in a concrete pier.
- Post on pre-cast concrete pier and footing.
Which method that you use for constructing your deck foundation is relative to the dead and live load on the deck and the soil conditions that the foundation will rest on.
- Egress Windows & Decks
- Deck Board Spacing
- Replacing Deck Boards
- ACQ Pressure Treated Lumber
- Cleaning a Redwood Deck
- Composite Deck Material – Recall!
- Deck Preservation
- Constructing Deck Foundations
- Using Cantilevers In Decks