Question: My smoke alarm beeps at regular intervals. Is it broken?
Answer: All of the battery operated smoke detectors (alarms) that I am aware of have a circuit designed into them to advise you when the battery has reached a low charge level. This ensures that the smoke detector battery does not go dead without the homeowner being aware.
REPLACE THE BATTERY NOW!
I would also suggest that you purchase quality batteries, your life and that of your families may depend on the smoke detector working. Saving a few cents on batteries really makes little sense!
- How Many Smoke Detectors?
- Smoke Detector Service
- Beeping Smoke Detector
- Dead Batteries In Smoke Detectors
- Getting Shocked At Home
- Location of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors
- Read & Follow The Manufacturer’s Instructions
- Pollution Levels = Stroke