Question: We recently turned the heat on in our new home, and the whole family is getting shocked every time we touch anything metal, such as a door knob. What can I do to eliminate this problem?
Answer: The shocks you and the family are experiencing are caused by static electricity and it is most likely cause is low humidity in the home.
The addition of a whole house humidifier mounted on a forced air furnace or area humidifiers should help to rectify the problem by raising the humidity in the house.
Proper humidity levels are not only important to avoid being shocked, but it is necessary for good health. Proper humidity levels will also keep wood furniture from cracking.
- Boiler Service
- Air Conditioners That Use Freon
- Getting Shocked At Home
- Radiator Heating Problem
- Getting Sick When Furnace Comes On
- Cleaning Air Ducts
- How Do I Maintain A Wood Burning Stove?
- Moving Air Conditioning Ducts
- Cold Room With Forced Air Furnace
- Water On My Windows & Ceiling
- Hot Room
- Roof Vent Installation
- Heating Floors
- Pilot Lights