Question: We have a very old house that of course has settled unevenly over the years. Actually there is just one spot in the middle that seems to have sunk. My question is after we get it stabilized (by using a jack) do we need to jack it back up to level, or can we just leave it like it is? We will be replacing all the windows and siding, so I thought they could just cheat when they put them up and make them level within the framework that's there. There is only two interior doors that are affected and they just need a little taken off the bottom.
Answer: Never do half a job! Jack the floor up to level. You will have no end of problems in the future.
- Bouncy Floor Near Toilet
- Broken Corners On An Old Vinyl Floor
- Why Are Area Rugs Popular Again?
- Squeaky Floors
- What Size Screws Should I Use?
- Do We Have To Level Our House?
- Asbestos In Flooring Adhesives
- Professional Flooring Installers
- Floor Bounce
- Bathroom Floors - Consider The Toilet
- Bathroom Floor
- Concrete Slab Under Stove
- Heating Floors