Question: Is polyurethane as good as a varnish?
Answer: Varnish is much more durable than any of the urethane products, especially much better outside. As an example, wood boats use varnish, not urethane. Varnish stands up to UV much better than urethane, primarily because urethane is a plastic and varnish is the sap of a tree. If it is indoors, then polyurethane will work just fine.
- Painting Picture Frames
- Painting Copper Heating Pipes
- Drywall Repairs Showing Through Paint
- Painting Up To A Popcorn Ceiling
- Painting With Urethane
- Overspray With Paint Sprayer
- Best Season To Paint
- Polyurethane Versus Varnish
- Right Ladder For Exterior Painting
- Removing Wood Stain
- Painting Door Casings & Trim
- Painting Concrete Porch
- Cracks In Newly Painted / Patched Walls?
- Painting Outdoor Breaker Panels & Meters
- Reflective & Insulating Paint?
- Paint Spray
- Paintbrush Or Roller