Question: About eight years ago I put a white stain on my cedar fence. I'd like to take it back to natural but suspect that I will never get the earlier white stain out. When I was power washing my deck I did a bit of washing of the fence but the stain remained. Is there a way to get rid of the earlier stain?
Answer: Stain does not sit on top of the wood like paint does. Stain penetrates the grain, depending on how dry the wood was it can penetrate to a 1/8" easily.
So the answer to your question is; "How much sandpaper do you have?"
- Painting Picture Frames
- Painting Copper Heating Pipes
- Drywall Repairs Showing Through Paint
- Painting Up To A Popcorn Ceiling
- Painting With Urethane
- Overspray With Paint Sprayer
- Best Season To Paint
- Polyurethane Versus Varnish
- Right Ladder For Exterior Painting
- Removing Wood Stain
- Painting Door Casings & Trim
- Painting Concrete Porch
- Cracks In Newly Painted / Patched Walls?
- Painting Outdoor Breaker Panels & Meters
- Reflective & Insulating Paint?
- Paint Spray
- Paintbrush Or Roller