Renovation-Headquarters Banner


Toilet Drain Flange Extender

Question: I know I need to redo the whole floor but don't have the means to do so right now. But the floor around the toilet is getting soft and I was wondering if they might make some kind of extender that would work for a short while. What I was thinking is there a way to put another board over the soft board just until I can get time and money to redo the whole floor. Of course that would raise the toilet about an inch higher then it is now making the contact with the sewer line too far away. So do they make some kind of extender that would make the toilet reach the sewer?

Answer: They do make an extender that attaches to the toilet drainpipe. If you follow the link you will see a picture of it towards the bottom of the page. It should be available at any of the big box home improvement retailers or a plumbing wholesale.

Additional information on replacing a toilet.