Question: I have one of the new energy saving windows vinyl. And this room is un even. I was cleaning the glass and I pulled it back in. I can push one the one side and it pops out. I try to slam it back in but same thing happens. And this long whit plastic fell out I guess it was to fill the gap or hide the gap between the frame and window. I have that in. But my question is can I use calking to fill the wood frame and the window?
Answer: Yes, you can use caulk - make sure you choose a caulk that will adhere to both wood and vinyl.
Additional information on caulk.
- Egress Windows & Decks
- Drafts From Replacement Windows
- Adding Curtain Rods To Window Trim
- Choosing The Right Windows For Your Home
- Question About A Window Frame
- Caulk Between Window Sill & Masonry Ledge
- Water On My Windows & Ceiling