Question: How do I fix the cracks around my windows.
I had someone look at it last year - he was actually here to install 6 new replacement windows. When I showed him the cracks he said he did not know how to fix but I could replace those windows.
Like NO!- that window is a bow window that would have cost me thousands - that I don't have. Any suggestions on a fix?
I am thinking to get clear silicone and use sparingly where I see the gaps - and then maybe for the winter, line the shelf of that window area with a thick decorative blanket and close off with insulated drapes in the evening?
Answer: I would recommend a latex or acrylic caulking, not silicone.
Additional information on the proper choice and use of caulking.
All Window Quick Tips
- Egress Windows & Decks
- Drafts From Replacement Windows
- Adding Curtain Rods To Window Trim
- Choosing The Right Windows For Your Home
- Question About A Window Frame
- Caulk Between Window Sill & Masonry Ledge
- Water On My Windows & Ceiling