Question: I have two air conditioning ducts bent in a 90 degree angle up in my attic. The room that they run to, of course, stays a bit warm. Can I just cut the ducts with a box cutter, re run in a straighter path and duct tape them back?
Answer: It might change the air balance throughout your home. If you do make the change make sure you use tape made for ducts - NOT the grey stuff you buy at your local big box store - that is not made for taping ducts together.
Additional information on sealing air ducts.
- Boiler Service
- Air Conditioners That Use Freon
- Getting Shocked At Home
- Radiator Heating Problem
- Getting Sick When Furnace Comes On
- Cleaning Air Ducts
- How Do I Maintain A Wood Burning Stove?
- Moving Air Conditioning Ducts
- Cold Room With Forced Air Furnace
- Water On My Windows & Ceiling
- Hot Room
- Roof Vent Installation
- Heating Floors
- Pilot Lights