Question: I am in a debate with my wife over what the best height is to hang pictures. Is there a standard hanging height for pictures?
Answer: If you want your guests to be able to view the details of the picture, the picture should be hung so that the middle of the picture is at eye level for the average height of an adult viewer.
This would place the middle of the picture at approximately 67 inches from floor level.
It should be noted that the average height of women and men vary dramatically in different regions of the world. The average picture viewer should not have to strain to see the details of the picture.
- Joining Pieces Of Baseboard
- Carpet Pooling
- Repairing Appliances & Other Devices
- Sagging Closet Rod
- Installing A Standby Generator
- Length Of Curtain Rods
- Picture Height
- Falling Bookcase
- Sagging Bookcase Shelves
- Keeping On Top Of Home Service Items
- Fixtures & Chattels
- Locating A Buried PVC Pipe
- Carpet Glue
- Expired Silicone Caulking
- Musty Smell - New Home
- Rain Gutter Down Pipe Replacement
- Dryer Vent Installation
- How Do I Repair A Marble Dresser Top?
- Musty Smell In Closet
- Hanging Rugs On Walls
- Removing A Tree House